Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- you need to work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility
- Set the default image selection directory to Downloads\ instead of My Documents
- Add ARM/ARM64 automatic update support
- Improve UEFI:NTFS compatibility
- Improve access issues by using VDS to delete all partitions
- Update the .appx to include all architectures as well as request elevation
- Fix broken detection of some EFI based images
- Fix broken update check due to server switch
- UI and accessibility fixes and improvements
NOTE: THIS VERSION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS XP OR WINDOWS VISTA.
Windows 7 or later, 32 or 64 bit doesn’t matter.